The Captive Insurance Companies Association (CICA) Board of Directors recently adopted a statement clarifying their position on 831(b) captives (mini-captives). In this statement, the CICA Board highlighted their concern about the misuse of these captives by individuals and companies seeking nothing more than a tax shelter.
It was important for CICA to issue this statement and clarify their official position on this matter, given the negative effects that such misuse has on the reputation of the captive industry.
The statement is worth a quick read. It can be found here.
Image credit: Avery Studio via flickr
Latest posts by Karin Landry (see all)
- Local Shakeup: What a Partners & Harvard Pilgrim Merger Could Mean For You - May 14, 2018
- What 831(b) Captive Owners Need to Know About IRS Notice 2016-66 - November 7, 2016
- Your Captive is Riding High. Now What? - April 14, 2016
- Webcast: Why Fund Employee Benefits in a Captive and How to Gain Approval to Do It - June 6, 2014
- Congress Moves to Exempt Expatriates From ACA Requirements - May 1, 2014