Intel was seeking to reinsure their life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage through their existing Hawaii-based captive.
More information about this development can be found in November 6th’s Federal Register in Application No. L-11760.
Securing this exemption from the DOL has been an exciting process for our captive consulting team. Funding a corporation’s benefit risks though a captive is a financial strategy that has become increasingly important for organizations facing accelerating benefits costs.
“We are all looking forward to continuing to work with Intel and make this historic project a model for future corporate benefit funding strategies,” said Karin Landry who heads the Intel team at Spring.
Image credit: seier+seier via flickr
Latest posts by Karin Landry (see all)
- 7 Predictions About How COVID-19 Will Change Healthcare - June 17, 2020
- To Women’s Futures - March 11, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Consider an Integrated Workers’ Comp and Disability Program - May 7, 2019
- Legal Alert: New Court Ruling on Association Health Plans - March 29, 2019
- Your 6-Step Plan to Captive Optimization - August 13, 2018