In an industry with regulations that are constantly changing, it’s important for professionals in the Benefits and Absence Management fields to come together and make sure everyone is up to speed. As such, we were happy to be able to attend the DMEC (Disability Management Employer Coalition) FMLA/ADA Employer Compliance conference in Minneapolis earlier this month. Spring has a long-standing relationship with the 25-year old DMEC, having presented at and sponsored many of their annual events since 2008. One of our partners, Karen English, sits on the DMEC Executive Advisory Board and as such was excited to be able to make it to Minneapolis for the event.
Topics addressed at this year’s compliance conference included increasing access to paid family and sick leave, the importance of documentation, how to make sure employees are also aware and adhering to the FMLA, how to go above and beyond the ADA instead of doing only what’s required, how to deal with intermittent leaves, how to impact or reduce leave and various other issues.
The Spring team will also be attending and sponsoring DMEC’s Annual Conference in Anaheim, CA from July 31st to August 3rd. If you’ll be there too, be sure to stop by booth #314 and say hello!
Latest posts by Christine Culgin (see all)
- Legal Alert: IRS Releases Updated Form 720 Used For PCORI Fee Payments - June 17, 2020
- Legal Alert: PCORI Fees Due By July 31, 2020 - June 9, 2020
- Legal Alert: Carrier Premium Credits and ERISA Fiduciary Obligations - May 19, 2020
- Legal Alert: Agencies Extend Deadline to Pay COBRA Premiums and Certain Other ERISA and Internal Revenue Codes Due to COVID-19 - April 30, 2020
- Legal Alert: COVID-19 and Cafeteria Plan Considerations - April 30, 2020