The term “consultant” is fairly vague, the term “actuary” is fairly confusing, and the term “captive insurance” is fairly unknown among many crowds. We’re looking to clear things up and put some faces to our name, especially since we’ve been blooming with new team members lately. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at the Spring team. Next up is Nick.
Joined Spring in: May of 2014 – just celebrated his 3 year springversary!
At work: In case you’re thinking, “what the heck is an actuary?”, here’s what Nick is focused on at Spring: pricing work for our clients, including reserving for health, disability and life insurance.
Outside-of-work: Nick is a huge Boston sports fan so he spends a fair amount of time keeping up-to-date on our beloved teams. But he doesn’t just watch them – he also plays in a recreational basketball league when he’s not here crunching numbers.
Favorite season: Summer. He’s glad we’re finally feeling the first lasting glimpses of warm weather around here.
Favorite flower: “Let me Google kinds of flowers really quickly…okay, a tulip I guess.” Men.
Favorite food: Seafood. He picked a good location for it.
Favorite part about working a Spring: “I like that our smaller size gives me access to the partners and executives that I might not have elsewhere. I’ve learned a lot in a short amount of time as a result of such exposure.”
Do you have any unreasonable fears? “I really hate snakes!” We can’t say that’s unreasonable, but okay, noted.
Latest posts by Christine Culgin (see all)
- Legal Alert: What Employers Need to Know About the New Transparency Rules - November 25, 2019
- Legal Alert: IRS Releases Draft 2019 ACA Reporting Forms and Instructions - November 15, 2019
- Spring to Present at Cayman Captive Forum - November 15, 2019
- Legal Alert: Massachusetts Employers Must File HIRD Form by December 15 - November 5, 2019
- Spring’s SVP Speaking at the National Workers’ Compensation and Disability Conference - November 5, 2019