As the DMEC (Disability Management Employer Coalition) celebrates its 25 anniversary, Spring is celebrating its 9th year in a row attending the DMEC Annual Conference. This year’s event will be held from July 31st to August 3rd in Anaheim, California and will bring together over 700 professionals in the employee absence and disability management fields. As a regular DMEC sponsor, Spring is thrilled to continue its involvement in and support of the organization – one of our Partners, Karen English, is on the DMEC Executive Advisory Board and another Partner, Teri Weber, will be presenting at this year’s annual conference.
Teri will be joining the Vice President of Benefits and the FMLA/Disability Manager – both of Memorial Sloan Kettering – in a presentation entitled “Accommodation…It’s Not Just Return to Work.” The discussion, which will take place from 8:30-9:30 AM on Thursday, August 3rd, will focus on innovative employer trends when it comes to the ADA. Teri will explain how to go above and beyond mere compliance (and why you should) and institute a more comprehensive, proactive disability model involving additional stakeholders. If your company is looking to be a thought leader in this realm, be sure to join!
Other topics addressed at the conference include:
- Mental health at work
- Paid parental leave (especially during Trump’s presidency)
- Employee productivity & retention
- Workplace violence
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Informal care-giving
- Handling complicated FMLA requests
- Drug abuse in the workplace
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Mobile approaches to compliance
- Early disability intervention
- & more!
If you’re lucky enough to be able to attend the 2017 DMEC Annual Conference, you’ll hear from speakers from companies like GlaxoSmithKline, American Electric Power, T-Mobile, Starwood Hotels and Nike, among many others. Additionally, Spring is a proud event sponsor, so be sure to stop by booth 314 and say hello to our team in between networking receptions and MLB baseball games!
In the meantime, you might be interested in reading our white paper: Managing an Absent Workforce: A Guide to the Family Medical Leave Act.
Latest posts by Christine Culgin (see all)
- Spring Team Member Named DMEC Emerging Leader - July 23, 2021
- Spring’s Managing Partner Makes Captive Review Power 50 List - May 26, 2021
- Congress Passes the American Rescue Plan Act - March 25, 2021
- Legal Alert: IRS Provides Guidance on FSA Relief Authorized in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, Grants Other Cafeteria Plan Relief - March 25, 2021
- 9 Areas of Focus for HR Right Now – Parts 8 and 9 - January 25, 2021