Summer might be wrapping up, but you’ve still got Spring (spotlights) to look forward to! This week we sat down with one of our Partners, Karen English.
Joined Spring in: Karen has been here from the start, having been one of the founding partners who formed Spring in March of 2004
At work: Karen leads a range of client projects in the areas of employee benefits, disability, absence management, workers’ compensation and voluntary products consulting. She helps clients figure out the best ways for all their different benefits offerings to work together. Her goal is to provide an experience that is as efficient as possible for both the employers and their employees.
Outside-of-work: When not traveling to client meetings, conferences, or leading core strategy here at Spring, Karen most enjoys spending time with her family. She also likes keeping active and being outside as much as possible, with favorite activities including jogging and hiking.
Favorite season: “Spring is my favorite season because it marks the end of winter; the grass is getting greener and everything seems fresh and new.” We promise we didn’t make her choose spring (but we’re glad someone finally did!).
Favorite flower: Gerbera daisy.
Favorite food: Karen’s a sucker for Mexican food.
Favorite part about working at Spring: “I like that I get to use my skill base and years of experience over and over on similar topics, but that every client has a different set of circumstances. This makes every project and situation unique and interesting in and of itself!.”
What color crayon would you be and why? Karen would be Azure blue (very specific) because she finds it calming, like the sky and the ocean. It’s important to note that she would NOT pick Burnt Sienna. Gross.
Latest posts by Christine Culgin (see all)
- Congress Passes the American Rescue Plan Act - March 25, 2021
- Legal Alert: IRS Provides Guidance on FSA Relief Authorized in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, Grants Other Cafeteria Plan Relief - March 25, 2021
- 9 Areas of Focus for HR Right Now – Parts 8 and 9 - January 25, 2021
- Legal Alert: EEOC Issues Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Related to Wellness Programs - January 22, 2021
- 9 Areas of Focus for HR Right Now – Part 7 - January 8, 2021