The three-day event will run from January 30th to February 1st in Turnberry Isles, Florida and we expect a great turnout of employers, regulators and service providers alike, all there to share their experiences and perspectives.
Karin will lead the following sessions:
- State Regulation Again! Time for a Fresh Look! from 10:45-11:45 AM on January 31st. She will be speaking alongside Joseph Holahan, Attorney at Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP about the varied regulatory issues facing the captive industry today. They’ll be looking at Washington state and others who have passed recent tax regulations related to captives, and fleshing out how captive professionals can move forward.
- US Benefits – It’s a Better Year from 1PM to 2PM on January 31st. Karin and David Slenn, Partner at Shumaker Loop & Kendrick LLP, will discuss benefits captives – where they stand today and where they’re headed. They will specifically address updates from the Department of Labor (DOL) and share a case study to bring the topic to light.
- Stop-Loss in Captives from 2:15-3:15PM on January 31st. In this session, Karin will be joined by Steve Kroll of International Capital Investment Company and Tom DeNoma of Nationwide to discuss the growing trend of stop-loss captives and best practices in doing so. They will represent the employer, insurer and consultant viewpoints.
Spring has been to the World Captive Forum several times and always finds it to be a strong indicator of industry hot topics. Karin is excited to learn and share her knowledge. Not to mention she’ll get to escape from the Boston cold! If you’ll be in Florida too, don’t forget to catch a session (or two or three) or Karin’s and say hello.
Latest posts by Christine Culgin (see all)
- Spring Team Member Named DMEC Emerging Leader - July 23, 2021
- Spring’s Managing Partner Makes Captive Review Power 50 List - May 26, 2021
- Congress Passes the American Rescue Plan Act - March 25, 2021
- Legal Alert: IRS Provides Guidance on FSA Relief Authorized in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, Grants Other Cafeteria Plan Relief - March 25, 2021
- 9 Areas of Focus for HR Right Now – Parts 8 and 9 - January 25, 2021